Here it is! The first installment of my monthly top 10 list of music to improve your life. If you missed the first post announcing this new series, check it out here.
January is right around the corner. If you’re like most people, including me, you’ve made a New Year’s Resolution, or even better, New Year’s Goals. Come January, you’ll want to hit the ground running and stay motivated and inspired long after January ends. That’s why this month, my top 10 list is of motivational and inspirational songs to encourage action.
Why Motivational and Inspirational songs
I don’t know about you, but I really struggle to stay motivated when I’m taking on a new or large task. Whether it be exercising, paying off debt, or working on making this blog a success, it always gets difficult. I start off pumped and full of ideas and plans. It doesn’t take long before my energy is lacking and my focus drifts, though. But when I listen to songs that motivate and inspire, they give me that extra lift I need. They’re that extra little kick to get me going again when I’m running on empty.
Life can be hard. Really hard sometimes. We try to accomplish so much and have so many goals, it leaves us feeling drained and worn out. It’s only logical that we would need a little pick me up to keep us going sometimes. Even when the thing we need to keep going on is something we really want to do or achieve.
I’ve compiled a selection of motivational and inspirational songs that energize me to take action. They all make me feel like I can take on anything, even when I’m exhausted or feeling defeated. Today, I’m sharing that with you. I hope you can take these songs and use them when you really need something in your day to push you forward toward your goal. Without further ado, and in no particular order, my top 10 motivational and inspirational songs.
Top 10 Motivational and Inspirational Songs to Encourage Action
1. The Middle-Jimmy Eat World: Starting out the list with one that reminds us that we’re doing better and we need to do it for ourselves, not for anyone else.
2. I Lived-One Republic: We should all strive to live the life in this song. It definitely encourages me to push, experience and try. To feel as though I’ve left nothing on the table.
3. Lose Yourself-Eminem: This one may not be for everyone. There are explicit lyrics and it’s rap. Rap isn’t everyone’s thing. But the words are incredibly powerful and it’s inspiration to overcome obstacles. And the beat itself is very energizing.
4. Superheroes-The Script: This one will inspire you to overcome adversity as well. When you’ve been fighting for it all your life/You’ve been working every day and night/That’s how a superhero learns to fly
5. Work Bitch-Britney Spears: Again, this one has the explicit lyrics, so not for everyone. But incredibly upbeat-just try not to be motivated to WORK!
6. It’s My Life-Bon Jovi: Tomorrow’s getting harder make no mistake/Luck ain’t even lucky/Got to make your own breaks- Tell it like it is, man. I need to hear it.
7. Remember the Name-Fort Minor: A little more of the explicit lyrics, but it’s energizing and the message is clear. Work hard, dedicate yourself, and succeed.
8. The Fighter-Gym Class Heroes: A little dose of reflection on why we’re doing what we’re doing, to keep at it, and to get up every time we fall.
9. Hall of Fame-The Script: Yep, The Script made the list twice. The songs are just that good. These songs motivate me even when I’m in a position where I can’t work. Like driving the car. I’m just that much more energized to get to work when I get home.
10. Stronger-Britney Spears: Another Britney song. She makes good music to push yourself to.
Now grab your tunes, listen up, and get to work! You should be nice and energized and ready to work hard!
Stay tuned for the next month’s Top 10 List!
What are your motivational and inspirational songs? Let me know in the comments below!