Welcome back. I hope you’re enjoying this series of music to invigorate your life. If you’re new to this series, here’s what you’ve missed.
Last month’s list of motivational and inspirational songs to encourage action.
February is upon us and love is in the air. To get you ready for the romance of Valentine’s Day, I’ve compiled a list of 10 songs sure to speak to the heart. There are millions of love songs out there, but these were chosen specially. Each one speaks to a specific moment, period, or turning point in a relationship rather than love in general. Those songs are everywhere. I want to provide you with songs that may hit a little closer to some of your hearts and hold a little more meaning.
Why Love songs
Not only is Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, but there are many out there who are currently in the vigorous stages of planning weddings. After all, February is just a few short months away from the beginning of the wedding season.
Maybe you need to find that special song for your first dance as husband and wife. Perhaps you need to find that right song to put you in the mood to truly express how you feel about your loved one. Or maybe you just want a list of non-cliche love songs that aren’t played everywhere, every day.
Whatever the reason may be, this is the season for romance and love. Considering that fact, love songs seemed appropriate at this month.
Top 10 Love Songs
1. Vintage-High Dive Heart: Anyone who’s heard it has to agree that this is a one cheery love song. I can’t help but be in a good mood and I love the message about a pure, simple love. There’s nothing flashy here. No dramatics. Just good ol’ fashioned joy of love.
2. Heaven-Bryan Adams: Looking back on the history of a love and being completely content and happy. A classic love song, ironically enough, inspired by the next song on the list.
3. Faithfully-Journey: This is one of my absolute favorite songs of all-time. Amazing band, fantastic song. A song about pure love across the difficulties of distance and fame.
4. I Hope you’re the End of my Story-Pistol Annies: Written in an old, folk-country style, a song of a woman telling her loved one that he is the last one for her, and that his love will be what stays with her until the end.
5. Dust on the Bottle-David Lee Murphy: Another upbeat love song, this one compares a good love to a fine-wine: There might be a little dust on the bottle / But it’s one of those things that gets sweeter with time. For those out there who’ve been together a long time, and know the grass is greenest in their own yard.
6.Meet in the Middle-Diamond Rio: Love can be difficult. It’s easier when you learn to compromise. For those of you who have relationships built on finding common ground to overcome differences, or who might be working towards that very goal, this one is for you.
7. If Love was a Plane-Brad Paisley: Leave it to Brad Paisley to tell it like it is. Don’t tell them the odds/It’s best they don’t know/If love was a plane nobody’d get on. For those out there who’s marriages and relationships are beating the odds, whatever odds may be stacked up against you (we all have different ones). Or maybe for the person who’s finally been able to overcome those odds after a few “crashes”.
8. Then-Brad Paisley: I could write a list of just Brad Paisley songs, to be honest, but I’ll keep it to two. This one is for all of those that can’t believe how life can just keep getting better with their loved one. How you can not only continue to love someone for so long but that you can keep loving them more and more as time goes on.
9. I will Love You-Fisher: This one has personal meaning for me; it was the song we danced to at our wedding. Just simple but beautiful, meaningful lyrics about a forever love. No cliche’s here. And such a gorgeous melody.
10. All I Want is You-Barry Louis Polisar: Some of you might recognize this one from the movie Juno. Whimsical and child-like, this one has a sweet innocence to it. For those of us out there who are a little less into the deep, emotional songs. This one says everything you need to and conveys the same message…but in a fun and charismatic way.
11. Bonus song this month: Lovin’ You is Fun-Easton Corbin: Because I love music, I love love, and it’s my blog and I do what I want, here’s one more. This one is for those who may be in a newer relationship or those that see relationships and all their craziness and drama these days and think “What the hell?” This one is all about how simple and easy love can be sometimes if it’s right.
Well, there you have it. My list of 11 great love songs that aren’t constantly on the radio, cliche, and generic. I hope at least one of these songs connects to your heart and your relationship. Hopefully, this list has inspired you to go share the love!
Stay tuned for the next month’s Top 10 List!
Which love songs have special meaning for you?
-To your Better Life-